Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Local Legend - John Humble

John Humble is a bit of a legend for me for his night work in Los Angeles, though this is by no means the extent of his talent. John's photos reside in the collections of the Corcoran Gallery of Art, the National Museum of American Art, the Smithsonian Institute, the Library of Congress, LACMA, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and the J. Paul Getty Museum.

Living in Madrid in 2007, I sadly missed his exhibition "A Place in the Sun" at the Getty in 2007. You can buy the accompanying book here. Works are available for purchase at Jan Kesner Gallery, which sadly no longer exhibits.


The Los Angeles River, Burbank Boulevard Bridge, Reseda, 2001
Copyright John Humble


The Los Angeles River at the Glendale Narrows, Atwater Village, 2001
Copyright John Humble


10425 Venice Boulevard,Los Angeles, 1997
Copyright John Humble


I-105 at I-405,Los Angeles, 1994
Copyright John Humble



I-405 at I-105, Overpass,Los Angeles, 2005
Copyright John Humble


I-405 at I-105, La Cienega Boulevard,Los Angeles, 2005
Copyright John Humble


I-5 at I-91, Elevated View,Los Angeles, 2005
Copyright John Humble

No comments: