Monday, December 21, 2009

Quote of the week - Giacometti

"What is important is to create an object capable of conveying the sensation as close as possible to the one felt at the sight of the subject"

- Alberto Giacometti
















 I don't usually accompany the quotes with a photo, trying to let them speak for themselves. However, I saw this series of photos by Ugo Mulas in his show at PhotoEspana (my third favorite of the festival after "Evidence" by Mike Mandell and Larry Sultan and the Bartolome Ros show) taken of Giacometti as he receives news that he has been awarded the Grand Prize for Sculpture at the Venice Biennale.   It's too powerful not to share and admittedly got me chocked up when I first saw it.

1 comment:

Observatorio said...

Hey

This blog is really nice, I'll have to visit it more often.
By the way, thanks for the link.

Saludos.
:)