Thursday, July 16, 2009

Opening Saturday - Edgar Martins @ Kopeikin


Copyright Edgar Martins

So this will be an excellent opportunity to see if the old adage, "There's no such thing as bad publicity" is true. Shooting primarily at night myself, I first came to admire Edgar Martins at ARCO in 2005 I think, in Madrid where his Portuguese gallery was showing some of his shots of Portugese airports at night. Of course, when The Accidental Theorist came out of beaches in Portugal shot at night, I became an even bigger fan (though the skies did seem a bit, er, uniformly black, though of course that adds to the work).

I'm excited to see them at the opening on Saturday and curious to see what the turn-out is. I imagine it will be high.

Kopeikin Gallery
8810 Melrose Avenue
West Hollywood, CA. 90069
(310) 385-5894 tel

Saturday July 18th, 6-9pm

No comments: