Thursday, September 16, 2010

Taryn Simon @ Gagosian


Copyright Taryn Simon


Taryn Simon's newest work, Contraband will be on view at Gagosian Beverly Hills through November 6, featuring items confiscated entering the US at JFK. Over 5 days, she shot over 1,000 confiscated items. I'm guessing not all will be on display...

This work may be a bit too typological for my taste but I can't balk at an opportunity to see my number one photo crush in person.

Opening Reception:

Wednesday, September 22nd, 6-8pm
456 N. Camden Drive
90210

Related:

TED Talk
On Charlie Rose

2 comments:

jbfitts said...

Is it the suspenders or the work?

J. Wesley Brown said...

Both, of course :) And I did see her at the opening.

This guy got a shot of her:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reserveresult/5016293071/