Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Photo LA!



It's that time of year and Photo LA is once again upon us.  Kicking off tomorrow night with an open bar (if anything like last year) fundraiser for the Annenberg Photography Department of LACMA at $75 per ticket. Other events of note outside the pair itself and the gallery / project booths include an interesting project based around Stephen Shores' La Brea (which I just found out is of the corner of Beverly and La Brea where the same but redesigned Chevron is across the street from the Honey Baked Ham).





































Copyright Stephen Shore

There will be a portfolio walkthrough on Friday from 5-8 and I highly recommend checking this out, especially if you are considering attending a review in the future. Going to this last year and seeing how others presented their work well prepared me for my reviews at PhotoEspana this year.

Finally, the Photographer's Fling Ball hosted by Center and organized by Aline Smithson is Saturday night.  I'll be at that and the opening party tomorrow so if anyone would like to say hello, shoot me an email.

All Photo LA event info can be found here. There are a number of other activities I did not specifically mention so take a look.


No comments: