Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Introducing: INVERSION


Copyright J. Wesley Brown

Since this blog is about photography in Los Angeles/California, I don't really talk about myself that much except when there's big news. This is one of those instances.

My new series, Inversion, is now officially live and can be seen here. It is presented online as a series of inanimate, animated GIF's. The whole thing takes about 6 minutes roughly to get through so you might want to make sure you've got a little bit of time and patience before clicking through.

Also, head over and read Andy Adam's essay, titled Photo 2.0 - Online Photographic Thinking (Revisited) from last week, which touches on some of the same issues I was trying to address with Inversion and is a good read.

Thanks for looking!

http://inversion.jwesleybrown.com/

1 comment:

Alexi said...

This is a lovely nostalgia-inducing series! I still use negatives, but the scarcity of colour photo paper is making a trip to the darkroom a rarer occurrence. I like the effort put into calculating the transitions, meaning the different speeds from one version to another, I find it plays with our expectations.

Nice work J!